Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Busy Busy Puppy!

Makes mommy very very very tired! The good news is he makes himself tired as well. Yesterday was my birthday, and Epic and I spent it running errands. It did, however, take us out to Grandma and Grandpa's where baby Epic got to run around their HUGE yard with his pals.

And this plastic cup.


Showin' off his lines.


Callie! Callie! It's Narnia!
This morning he was driving me NUTS so we worked a lot on reacting to his name, his sits, and downs. We also learning 'spin'. He and I also took a very short leash walk (just up and down the block) to work on our leash skills and to overcome his general uncertainty about the world. He tends to get overwhelmed and sit down, or sniff heavily in one area. As such, I'm trying to put into practice the idea of "1,2,3... Let's Go!". He is allowed a moment to collect himself, he has "1,2,3" to finish up, and on "Let's Go", I start walking again. He gets a treat once he catches up to me. The idea is that he learns it's okay to take a moment, and this way I won't yank him off his feet trying to move us forward. Obviously, learning this will be a long process and is something i'll have to be very consistent about if I want him to associate those words with our walks.
All our running around and work these last two days has made him pretty gosh darn tired. Last night he slept from 11:00pm to 8:30 this morning! I was the one who decided his little puppy bladder needed to go outside. He was toast most of the morning, but could use a good romp this evening.



1 comment:

  1. Oh My you both are cute cute cute! I'd love to run around with you two!

    Hoover BPD (Battery Powered Dog)

    ReplyDelete