Thursday, August 6, 2009

Too Tired

To blog, but Epic insists that the show must go on. I'm home this week after spending 5 days away at a wedding. I hadn't spent a night away from Epic, much less 4 nights, and it was quite hard on me to be away from the little guy. Apparently it was less hard on him to be away from me, and I don't think he really took notice of my absence. He noticed when I came back though. My first night home Mr. Epic received 3 time-outs where he chilled in his crate and I chilled on the couch contemplating my choice of breed.

We have since determined that we do still love each other ('cuz hey, he's cute AND smart... and snuggly) and have just been kickin' around this last week. We've had some walks and some play time, and last night I took him along to flyball class where he proceeded to do not much.




He is, however, getting the idea of a 'push'. Ben has a horrible flyball turn and I have great hope that Epic's will be better. A strong swimmer's turn is not only faster on the flyball lanes but is far safer for the dog as well! Ideally, the dog will spread his weight equally on the box so that no one joint takes the force of the impact. Ben tends to take the impact in his shoulders, and as such, will have a fairly short racing career.


Tonight is our second puppy class, and hopefully he's prepared to work tonight. I made a mistake last night before flyball and I fed him before he went. I either should have made him work for his supper, or fed him after our outing... our cheese just wasn't cutting it last night. He's only 4 months old, i'm still figuring this guy out.


This weekend Ben will be coming into flyball practice for the first time this summer. He has taken a bit of a break as I've been busy with puppy things, moving, etc. NEXT weekend, Ben (and Epic) will be heading down to Regina for a tournament. I believe Ben is only 600 points away from his FM. I don't expect we'll get it this time out, but that's okay! There's a Saskatoon tournament shortly, and as a treat the hosting club hands out placement ribbons... and I want one! Two years ago Ben got his FDCH at that tournament and I'd really like a matching pair!

2 comments:

  1. He looks very good so far on the flyball practice. Good Luck!

    -Mollie and Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Legs!!!

    I like the way they flail about when Chi has you pinned to the ground.

    -- Bailey

    ReplyDelete