Monday, July 27, 2009

Sorry blog readers! I haven't been very good about updating. I feel as if Epic and I have been very busy, and yet I have nothing to show for it.

Puppy Class
Epic and I began our first 'formal' puppy class last Thursday. For the next 5 weeks we'll be hanging out with 4 puppy friends to work on some basic obedience and socialization. He did a wonderful job for being the youngest in the class. We didn't have the puppies interact much last week, but rather worked on our 'Watch Me's' and loose leash walking. It will be a very good class for the boy. Our trainer has mentioned that she has some agility equipment that we'll be able to play with as well. Plenty of new experiences!


Skateboarding
As well, Epic and I are dogsitting again this week, and Epic is going absolutely frickin' MENTAL. Seriously. The boy has gone insane. As such, we are frequently working on our Sits, Downs, Spins and Stays, but they don't require too much brain power. I decided that it was time to make us BOTH work, so I've broken out the clicker and Epic and I are working on skateboarding. I'm pretty inefficient with the clicker right now, but it's getting better.



Flyball
I've also been bringing Epic along when my flyball club practices, and during our public lessons. I try to take a few moments to work some drills with him every opportunity I get and it's paying off! He takes his ball off the chute, he can do the jumps, and tonight he did a passing exercise without ever going visiting. Such an impressive little guy!
This isn't to say that everything is all peachy with Epic. He's a .... challenge. Everyday. He hasn't slowed down in the last 4 days, and has been sleeping poorly at night. This means that I haven't slowed down in 4 days and haven't been sleeping well at night. Yesterday he went for an offleash walk and, of course, got peed on. He always gets peed on. Anyway, this meant a bath. And a bath means zoomies. So away he zoomied, across the house, on the couch, up on the arm, straight to the table... where he tried to pee. Thank doG he was still empty from all the leg lifting on the walk!!!

"I don't talk about YOUR bathroom habits, why must you talk about mine?"

And to sign off, another apology! I will not be able to update again for a little while as I will be going out of town shortly for a million ka-billion years. Little Mr. Epic will be staying behind to terrorize our good friend. Poor good friend. And poor me! No puppy to love up for 4 whole days!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the skateboarding video. He's catching on really well.

    ReplyDelete