Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blog reborn

I think I might use this blog wrong.  I originally wrote long stories about Epic's time with me. I followed with the comics (which I will always continue), but mostly I just don't post.  This is probably a mistake, as this little family continues to age and I'd like to have the memories to look back on someday.

So I'll post more, but it might be pretty dull if you are not us.

The current situation:

Epic - Epic is almost 3 years old now.  We quit flyball.  We started rally obedience.  We yell at each other every day, but snuggle in bed every night.

Ben - Ben still lives with my parents.  He's 10 now, and can't seem to play flyball without limping.  I'll still bring him out for the odd Vets run, but my big guy grows older.

Tucker - Tucker is currently in a health scare, at 11 years old.  A couple weeks ago he suffered acute renal failure and has had to spend a LOT of time at the vets since.  Sadly, he is also in chronic renal failure and that appears to be compacted by some other issue (cancer?).  We are still waiting on those test results.  We're sad for him, but happy for the days we have together.

Bailey - Bailey is 8 years old and a lazy bum who spends 23/24 hours on the couch.

Dixie - Dixie is 4 years old now.  Once upon a time I posted that she was not going to be this houses' next forever dog, and we were just fostering.  That was a blatant lie.  Two years later, she's here to stay and still a pain in the ass.

And that's us playing catch up.

I haven't been feeling well, but yesterday I took Bailey and Tucker out for a walk.  They enjoyed being the centre of attention, and got plenty of pets from admiring fans.  They also reconnected as brothers, which was nice to see.

Epic was next ... walking him is a much different experience.  He yelled at the paper boy.  I shushed him.  He yelled at a poodle.  I shushed him.  I spent a considerable amount of time trying to coax him out of some low shrubbery he was kicking and tearing at.  Who does that!?

Today is pretty darn nice for a February in Saskatoon, so Mr.I-Don't-Want-To-Be-In-I-Want-To-Be-Out was allowed some creature comforts outside.

*Yes, yes.  This will do*

No comments:

Post a Comment