Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Old Man Winter Apparently Hates Trick-or-Treating.

Can YOU spot the puppy?
.
.
Epic thought he might like to go as a blob of snow for Halloween. I told him there was no way he could stay still long enough to sell the charade.
.
It's frickin' cold here these days. Winter. In the middle of October. How very... Saskatchewan.
.
.
Epic spent some time pondering what it means to be a short coated dog in a cold climate on our walk today. He decided this meant running really fast to keep warm.
.

.
Sometimes I feel sorry for the people who live in areas of the world where they don't have 'winter'. I mean REAL winter... winter where the temperature falls to -40 and your nostrils freeze shut every time you take a breath. Winters where frost crystals form a veil between your scarf and your toque. THOSE kinds of winters. If you don't have those kinds of winters, you don't get to experience the bliss of coming in out of the mind-numbing, swear-inducing, penguin-killing cold.
.



.
There's nothing better than just kicking back, relaxing, and warming up, on those frigid winter days.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures of Epic. I couldn't find him at first in that first picture... it's like wheres waldo! I'm glad winters don't get that cold here... I don't think I'd survive!

    ReplyDelete