Thursday, July 9, 2009

Food Saga Continues!

Well, I wasn't convinced the Now! was the way to go so Epic is currently eating Acana Grasslands. I didn't realize Acana made grain-free formulas until I made a sweep of Saskatoon's pet stores and stocked up on food samples. He's nuts about the stuff!

However, I'm not sure it's the actual food he's crazy about. Epic and I are currently dogsitting two chocolate labs and their little border collie sister. The labs are completely nutso about their meals. About an hour before mealtime the girls begin their mealtime routine. "I'm hungry. Is she getting up? I think she's getting up! I'm so hungry. Thank doG she's getting up! Damn she sat down! Don't sit down!!! I'm so hungrrrrrry!!!!" I'm often forced to feed them in defense of my sanity.

Now, although it annoys me greatly it has done amazing thing for Epic's desire to eat. As a learning sponge he tends to soak up the behaviours of those around him. Epic is now wild and crazy about his food. He ate 3/4's of a cup of Acana today (between two meals) and was then so ravenous when we were out visiting that I fed him a cup of his Orijen puppy food (which he had previously refused for days on end)! The last two days of big meals are obviously not enough to cure the ribby-ness, but I'm happy to report that tonight he has a big full belly and is attempting to kill the girls and I with his stinky puppy farts. Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment