Monday, July 6, 2009

Offleash Walks

I have taken a lot of substandard photos of my dogs in my life. This, however, is not one of them!

Yay for pretty pictures! It should be noted that no, he was not attentively watching me... I just happened to have my finger on the camera button when he happened to look somewhat in my direction.

Epic's been on a few offleash walks lately with his buddies, Samson, Tucker and Bailey. They do a lot of 'putting up' with him but have been very kind and have taught him many, many things. These include where to roll, how to bounce through the muck, where to stand if you want to be peed on, and how to pee like a big boy! He's not quite twelve weeks old but he successfully balanced on three legs today to mark his very first bush. SIGH. He's gonna be a pee-er like Ben, I can tell (Have I mentioned that Ben marked my lawnchair the other day. I was sitting in it at the time).


You'll notice that he's a bit ribby in this picture. We've had some trouble finding a food that he will eat in the quantities I believe he should. We've given up on Orijen now, as the puppy formula is chicken based and all signs suggest that he does NOT like chicken. This has been an issue as most puppy formulas, and certainly most grain-free puppy formulas, use chicken as the protein. The food he's on right now is Now! which is a grain-free turkey and duck kibble. So far so good! We'll see how he does on it in the next few days. I have sample packs of Evo and Eagle Pack to try as well. The Evo has lamb, beef, bison, and venison for proteins and I suspect that will be a big hit.


Anyway, a few more pictures from our walks... nothing as good as the first one!



No comments:

Post a Comment